Saturday, September 12, 2009

25 on the 18th

Last month I turned 25. A quater century... yikes. Anywho, my register class (think homeroom class) got together to throw me a party. They were super excited to do it, and managed to contribute N$5 each. That may not sound like a lot but it's a huge amount to some of my kids, so I appreciated the sacrifice. They set jobs for themselves: some went to the store with me to buy food, some helped prepare the food, some were decorators, etc. Here are some pics:

1) Five learners from 8A, my class. Yes, that is a drawn-on goatee on one of them.



2) My entire class, minus I think only one boy who couldn't come. Ages range from 13 to 19.




3) They got me mostly chocolate ( they know me well), but here is me opening a present from one girl... an orange bunny.



4) Cutting banana bread. This delicacy has become a huge hit with my kids.





No comments: